This update is long overdue, but just in time before the year 2015 comes to a close. This is the 18 month mark for Maggie and me being in Mansfield, and we have a lot to be thankful for – to God, for what He has done and continues to do; but also for you all, who have partnered with us and supported us with your prayers and financial contributions to the church planting work. It has been an amazing year and a half at Christ Church Mansfield; a year in which YOU played an important part. Take a look at this short list.
TOP THINGS THAT HAPPENED IN THE LAST 18 MONTHS
- Three people placed their faith and trust in Jesus during our time here.
- Launched a new community group and weekly Bible Study, reaching and engaging people not already a part of the church (but later have come to be part of our church community).
- The church has experienced significant growth, in attendance (up 82%), membership (8 new families/singles joined as members), giving (up 66%), and especially in visitors and regular attenders (almost weekly with new people and 24 “regular” visitors, at least monthly).
- Preached through the Gospel of Mark, Lord’s Prayer, Isaiah (for Advent), Spiritual Disciplines, and currently working through Romans, to help us grow in the faith.
- Church received some free, positive publicity by being written up in local Mansfield Magazine.
- Launching and supporting new ministries on the campus of University of Texas, Arlington.
- Moved out of the school and into the Aristide Event Center, a nationally recognized wedding and event location, with a great working relationship with the owners and have been blessed by the space for our children’s ministry and easier-to-find location.
- Through our partnership with the Southwest Church Planting Network, contributed to church planting works in downtown Houston, Fort Worth, Phoenix, and Albuquerque, NM.
- You were a part of all this because you made a financial contribution and commitment to pray!
That’s an amazing list, and those were just a few of the highlights. You may never know how many marriages were saved. You may never hear about how many children and teenagers were impacted. You may never see how many people have been influenced by a different picture of God and the gospel, and hopefully many more coming to saving faith in His Son, Jesus Christ! We can’t measure the influence of the gospel being lifted up all around our city, only capture a glimpse of it, and what we have seen so far, is nothing short of amazing.
As your friend, and one who has had the privilege of being sent out and supported by you in this work, I want to personally thank you for your sacrifice to make all of this happens. You’ve heard me say it before, but real ministry takes real money, and I am honored that you would choose to partner with us in this way. I consider you a vital part of our team, and you’ve got an important role in the mission.
As we look forward to 2016, I can’t wait to see what God does in our church and in our community. In the coming months, I’m looking forward to sharing with you details about several things:
- Our new partnership with The Common Ground Network, a group dedicated to meeting the social, physical, and financial needs of our Mansfield/South Arlington community, and ways we can continue to “serve the city” with the love of God.
- Our long term partnership with the Southwest Church Planting Network and increased efforts of growing as a church that reflects the diversity of our community – becoming more multi-generational and multi-cultural through this and other strategic partnerships.
- The expansion of our children’s ministry – we’re improving so we can serve even more children and families, which is a key demographic of our community and ministry we have experienced significant growth in over the last 12 months.
- Growing and launching new initiatives involving discipleship of men, women, and children, as well as efforts to help strengthen marriages and families as a whole.
We believe these are things worth funding. That’s why we’ve given our lives to spread the Gospel and that’s why I serve as the church planter of Christ Church Mansfield. I believe in what we’re doing here, and want to invite you all to become a part of it with us if you have not yet partnered with us, or to continue to be a vital part, through your prayers and financial support, in 2016.
We left Santa Fe and came to Mansfield with a financial goal of raising $100,000 to support the work over a two year time frame. Through your generosity and partnership with us, we were able to raise our first year goal of $60,000. Now, we are asking that you continue to partner with us in 2016 and help us reach our second year goal of $40,000.
Will you consider giving again to this work if you have given a one time gift in the past? Or if you were unable to give in the past, would you consider giving now? You can give online through this link on our support raising website: http://www.frontiermissionproject.com/#!how-to-give/c1smk
I wonder what a “Top Sixteen Things That Happened in 2016” list would look like? Let’s find out together!
P.S. No matter how you choose to partner with us, through prayer, and/or financial support…THANK YOU! We couldn’t do this without you.
And here are some more pictures to enjoy – some of our family, and others from the church plant in Mansfield.